Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Writer Wednesday, Thankful Edition #WriterWednesday #thankful #thanksgivingeve #author #amwriting

what-i-learned-from

Since it's Thanksgiving Eve, I thought this would be a great time to list a few of the things I'm thankful for with regard to my writing life - some of the items listed make my job as an author easier, some offer inspiration, and some give me purpose. Without further ado, let's get started!


  1. The Internet - seriously, how can I not appreciate a tool that lets me listen to native Gaelic speakers, get a 360 degree view of Angkor Watt, and research archaic terms for metallic elements all in one night?  Strong research makes a strong story, and I'm lucky I can do this from the comfort of my laptop instead of a library or dusty records room. Not that libraries aren't awesome, but most aren't open at 3 am.
  2. Social Media - okay, that's kind of included with internet, but hear me out. Social media has exploded in recent years, allowing me to interact with my readers in real time, all over the world. That's awesome.
  3. My Writer Friends - I have met SO MANY awesome writers, and many have become my beta readers, critique partners, and friends. Speaking of writer friends...
  4. Bellatrix Press - I once despaired that I'd never find a publisher that had the same vision for my work that I do. Happily, I was wrong! My next title with Bellatrix - Rise of the Deva'shi (Parthalan #3) - will release in February 2017, and there will be more to come. I can't wait.
What are you thankful for this season? Share in the comments!

  fall-banner

No comments:

Post a Comment