Thursday, September 19, 2013

Booktrader of Hamilton - A Most Excellent Bookstore

Here's a recap of my most excellent day spent at at Booktrader of Hamilton!
 
The first order of business was to collect my traveling companion, the lovely and talented Amy, in Queens. That leg of the journey went off without a hitch… until I went the wrong way on the BQE. Oops. Luckily, I had my trusty GPS with me, and after traveling in ever-shrinking concentric circles, I arrived at Amy's relatively unscathed.
 
Not wanting to tempt fate twice, Amy drove us out of Queens.
 
As soon as we arrived at Booktrader, I knew this event was going to be a success. First of all, there's a mermaid on their sign. Is that a good omen or what? And I finally got to meet Joan, proprietress of Booktrader, although there was evidence that we'd met at BEA. We had both been so overwhelmed, we'd forgotten! I also met Jen, who works at Booktrader and was a deciding factor in making my day awesome.
 
What a turnout we had! I read from Copper Girl, and then we had sort of a Q&A period. It gradually evolved into a discussion of trends in books, what authors we love to read, and the age old question: are any movies better than the book? And, I just might have dropped a few hints about the rest of the series :)
 
Pictures from the event are below. I can't wait to go back once Copper Ravens is out!
 
 
Me and D'vora



Was I revealing spoilers? Maybe!


 
Me and Barb! She loves Scotland as much as I do.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time! The ladies there are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete