Wednesday, October 19, 2016

What Kind Of Pencils do You Use? #WriterWednesday #amwriting #inspiration

In my never-ending quest for blog post topics, I asked my husband what I should write about today... and I got the title you see above you. And while I initially dismissed his idea, the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Artist need tools to create, right?

 But I don't want to talk about traditional writing tools, like pencils and notebooks and word processing programs. I want to talk about the tools that make writing possible, tools that you can use to smash through writers block or jump start your inspiration. one of the tools I use for this--and I have many--are newsletters.

 Newsletters?

I subscribe to a wide variety of newsletter, some because they're writing related, some for inspiration, and some just for fun. Below are a few of my favorites.

 Travel + Leisure: This is a list based newsletter, which features things like "25 Waterfalls To See Before You Die" and "Top Ten Towns For Foodies". It's a great way to get inspiration for a scene, or research a location without leaving home.

 Tasting Table: Features a wide variety of world cuisine, and has restaurant and chef profiles. It's fun learning what's eaten for breakfast in Sweden, and how chefs create those amazing meals.

 Atlas Obscura: As the name implies, this newsletter features some of the strangest and most out of the way stuff on earth. I've read articles on Spring Heeled Jack , a church decorated with dragon bones, and a unicorn skeleton. Now that's some inspiration.

 What tools do you use for inspiration? Tell us in the comments!


Heir to the Sun is available here: http://amzn.to/2cSkNSx

 My next appearance will be at Bing Comic Con in Springfield, MA on October 22: http://www.bingcomiccon.org/

 StrangeAuthorsSign up for my mailing list here and get a free ebook anthology, Strange Authors! About these ads Occasionally, some of your visi

No comments:

Post a Comment